Visiting the Archives
The Archives is located on the third level of the Wolfgram Memorial Library and is open by appointment. Call (610) 499-4591 or (610) 499-4376 for more information or to arrange to use the Archives. In order to assure proper preservation of these unique Archival resources, materials must remain in the library while in use. However, the Archives has made copies of some of these materials available in the regular Wolfgram Memorial Library Collection for use outside the Archives, as well as at the Library's Reference Desk. In addition, many of these materials are available online at http://digitalwolfgram.widener.edu.
Archival Material Available at the Library's Reserve Desk
COURSE CATALOGS (Bulletins)
- 1986-present Paper
- 1856-2000 Microfilm
- 1856-present Online
- 1964-2010 Bound Volumes
- 1900-1998 Microfilm
- 1900-2010 Online
- 1877-2002 Microfilm
- 1877-2008 Online
The Reserve Desk provides a series of notebooks that contain articles on a variety of historical topics, including:
- A General History of PMC and Widener University
- The Widener Family
- Old Main
- The Castle
- The Manor House
- John Lance Geoghegan (Vietnam hero, depicted in the movie "We Were Soldiers")
- Burt Mustin, TV Actor, Class of 1903
- Information about the history of the City of Chester
- A History of Pennsylvania Military College: 1821-1954. (Also Available Online).
- Pennsylvania Military College: The Story of One Hundred Years, 1821-1921. (Also Available Online).
- Widener College: Minimizing Conflict in Accomplishing Change.
- Beneath the Dome of PMC: The Story of Pennsylvania Military College 1821-1972.