If the book or article you're looking for is not owned by the Wolfgram Library then
you need the services of Interlibrary Loan. This service obtains materials from other
libraries worldwide on your behalf. Only main campus graduate and undergraduate students,
faculty, staff, and administration who have an active library patron record (with
a barcode) are eligible for this service. Requests must be made using either the ILLiad
electronic form or through a link in one of the library's databases. Registration
through the ILLiad system is required prior to your first request. Unregistered users'
requests will not be processed. There may be charges if the lending library does not
lend for free. Please indicate your willingness to pay the $10 charge in these cases.
If you have a problem or question, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department
All students must have a Widener ID card with a barcode on the back. If you do not have an ID, please make arrangements with the Campus1Card office (610-499-4145) to obtain one. If you are only registered in a distance education program contact the Campus1Card office (610-499-4145) to obtain a Library Research Card.
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
How to Request an Item Through Interlibrary Loan/ ILLiad
- Please make sure you have registered for ILLiad, Wolfgram's ILL system.
- Log in to the ILLiad system(https://widener.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/uwc/logon.html) by entering your ILLiad user name and password.
- Select the type of item you wish to request (photocopy/ article or loan/ book or other material).
- Fill in as much information in the appropriate fields as you have. Do not abbreviate. If a journal title is abbreviated, contact the Reference Desk at 610-499-4073 for assistance.
Links to ILLiad are available within many of the library's databases. If there is
no link, simply click on Illiad from the Wolfgram Library's homepage, enter your ILLiad user name and password, then
enter your request for a photocopy or loan. Please submit requests early to allow
time for material to be delivered.
Interlibrary Loan Restrictions
- Interlibrary Loan cannot be used to request textbooks.
- Each person is limited to 30 active requests at a time. This means that if you request 30 items at one time, you must wait until 1 item has arrived before you can request another.
- Whole issues of journals may not be requested.
- You are responsible for full replacement costs if material is damaged or lost.
- Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact Head of Public Services for further information at 610-499-4069.
- When the requested items arrive, or when the request is cancelled, you will be notified by email.
- You can check the status of your request by logging in to the ILLiad system.
- Please contact the ILL Office at 610-499-4070 if you forget your password.
- Note: Email notices will be sent to the email address you specified when setting up your Illiad account. If you would like to forward your Widener.edu mail to another account, please follow the instructions for forwarding mail on the Information Technology Services (ITS) web site.
- Most articles will be delivered electronically through the ILLiad system. Articles that cannot be delivered electronically should be picked-up at the Circulation Desk.
- Books and Microfiche are checked-out via ILLiad to your account upon arrival. They are held on the Interlibrary Loan Hold shelf and must be retrieved by a library staff member. Please ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk. Items may be picked up anytime during regular library hours.
- Note: Don't forget your Widener ID card or you will be unable to check out items.
- Note: In the event of a lost or damaged Interlibrary Loan item, patrons are responsible for the FULL replacement cost of that item, as assessed by the lending library. These charges are in addition to any overdue fines that may have accumulated. Interlibrary loan items are lent to us as a courtesy, must be properly cared for, and returned promptly.
If you receive a "Request Cancelled" notice, please read it carefully. The cancellation may be due to a problem that can be easily corrected. If this is the case, you may resubmit the request once the specified problem has been corrected.
Please feel free to contact the Interlibrary Loan department at any time to discuss any problems you may encounter. We may be reached by phone at 610-499-4070 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.