The purpose of the course reserves collection is to provide students access to supplementary course materials assigned by faculty. Reserves materials include:
Regular Reserves -- the portion of the course reserves available for physical check-out.
Loan Period (Loan Periods are specified by the instructor):
- Library Use Only - Library use only items must be used within the library and for a period of approximately 2 hours.
- 1 Day loan - An item with a 1 day loan period may be checked out of the library at any time and returned the following day.
- 3 Day or 7 Day loan - A 3 or 7 day item may be checked out of the library for the length of time designated.
- The Overdue charge for reserve items is $1.00 per item per day with no grace period.
- Required course material for limited circulation is placed on reserve upon request of the faculty person.
- Forms for placing material on reserve are located at the Circulation and Reserve Desk. An electronic version of the form is available on the library homepage. The Course Reserves Form should be completed and submitted together with a copy of the syllabus and the reserve items to the Reserves Desk. All photocopy materials submitted for course reserves will be considered for Electronic Reserves. Please indicate your preference for electronic, print or both formats. Please allow 2 weeks for processing. (May be longer at the start of the semester.)
- Copyright restrictions apply. Wolfgram Head of Public Services will determine whether material requires copyright permission. Copyrighted material can be used on reserves without permission for one semester only. Permission from the publisher will be required for any subsequent uses of the material.
- If the library does not own a desired book, you may request a "rush" order to be placed for acquisition. Two to six weeks may be needed for this process. Please discuss acquisition requests with a departmental liaison librarian.
- Items that may not be placed on Reserve:
- Photocopies which do not meet "fair-use" guidelines
- Articles from the Harvard Business Review
- Interlibrary Loan Books
- Rental Materials
- Reference Books (except with Reference Department approval)
- Bound or current periodical (except by approval of Liaison Librarian)
- Personal copies of books or other materials may be placed on reserve. The Library will take all normal precautions for the safety of personal items but cannot be responsible for abuse or loss of materials by students.
- All materials will be removed from reserve at the end of each semester. Renewal for the following semester must be requested prior to the end of the course. Copyright permission should be secured for these materials. Library material not renewed will be returned to the stacks. Items owned by faculty will be returned to the faculty member.
Direct any Reserves/ERes questions to Susan Tsiouris, Head of Public Services (610-499-4069 or firstname.lastname@example.org).