The Research Process
- Identify and Develop your Topic - Use books, journal articles and websites from your discipline to find interesting
and relevant concepts that you want to explore further. Talk to professors to discover
current issues and new research in your field. Consider the multiple perspectives
on your topic.
- Search the Online Catalog (WebPAC) to Find Books and other Resources on Your Topic - Use WebPAC, the Widener University Library to find books on your topic that are available in
the library. You can also search WebPAC for journal titles, videos, DVDs and CDs
that the library owns.
- Search Online Subscription Databases to Find Journal Articles and Other Scholarly
Materials on your Topic - Use Wolfgram Library's Subscription Online Databases to find scholarly articles about your topic. You can also obtain access to dissertations,
book titles and Newspaper Articles from the databases.
- Find Full Text Journal Articles - Use the Online Databases and other resources to obtain the full text of journal
- Find and Evaluate Internet Resources on Your Topic - Use the internet to find useful, authoritative web resources on your topic. Evaluate
each site that you find to ensure that the information in reliable and valid.
- Cite Your Sources - Create accurate and complete citations for each resource used in a research paper by using the citation style required by your professor.
- Download The Complete Research Process in Power Point Format.
To obtain additional assistance, you can contact the library in these ways:
- Ask In Person: The reference desk is staffed Mon-Thurs. 9am-10pm, Fri. 9-5, Sat. 10-5, Sun. 12-7
- Text: (610) 624-5423: Mon-Thurs. 9am-10pm, Fri. 9-5, Sat. 10-5, Sun. 12-7
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (610) 499-4073: Mon.-Thur. 9am-10pm, Fri. 9-5, Sat. 10-5, Sun. 12-7
Reference Librarians have expertise in different disciplines. Contact the librarian for your discipline to ask questions or schedule a research appointment:
- Jan Alexander - Engineering, Archives
p: 610-499-4691 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill Borin- History, Social Work, Social Sciences, Archives
p: 610-499-4376 email@example.com
- Adam Mizelle - Humanities
p: 610-499-4084 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Stormont - Nursing, Physical Therapy, Science
p: 610-499-4080 email@example.com
- Susan Tsiouris - Clinical Psychology, Undergraduate Psychology, Continuing Studies, Business Administration
p: 610-499-4069 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molly Wolf - Curriculum/Children's Literature, Education, Human Sexuality, Hospitality Management
p: 610-499-4075 email@example.com
Created by Jill Borin, Updated 2/2015