Interlibrary Loan How To
For items not in our collection, you have access to other institutions' resources through the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) program:
- From the Library's Homepage
- Select Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
- Click on "First Time Users" and follow the directions to create an ILLiad Account
- The Username and Password that you create allows you request items, check status and retrieve requested journal articles.
- ILLiad requests are usually filled within 7-10 days. You will be notified by email when they arrive.
There are several ways you can request items through ILLiad.
If you know the name of a specific book or article:
- From the Library's Homepage, click on ILLiad.
- Log in with you user name and password.
- Place your request by clicking on:
You can access ILLiad directly from the Library Databases
Example of a journal article request through Academic Search Premier:
- From the Library's Homepage, follow the steps for searching databases.
- Click on ILLIAD Wolfgram if the print format of the article is NOT in our collection.
When you use this feature in Academic Search Premier, the correct information for ordering the article will be automatically filled out for you.
Example of a book request through WorldCat:
- From the Library's Homepage click on Find Books.
- Select WorldCat.
- Enter title, author, subject, ISBN, etc.
- Click on REQUEST THROUGH ILLIAD if the book is NOT in our collection.