How to Search Databases
2. Select Databases Listed by Title, an alphabetical list of the databases accessible at the Wolfgram Memorial Library.
Academic Search Premier:
- The main module of the EbscoHost databases.
- Designed specifically for academic institutions.
- The world's largest scholarly, multi-disciplinary full text database.
- Offers indexing and abstracts for more than 8,200 journals.
4. Search for college students and risky behavior, limiting to Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
5. Look at the Search Results to see the variety of journals represented and the topics covered.
6. Now, limit your search to a specific high risk behavior, this will allow you to retrieve more relevant results.
Search for college students and high-risk drinking, limiting to Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
7. Choose #9: Heavy Drinking in College Students: Who is at Risk and What is being Done About it?
8. Click the PDF Full Text icon to obtain the full text for this article.
- Always follow this step-by-step process when searching a database.
- Obtaining the correct terminology for a search is essential.
- The only way to master using this database, or any database, is through practice.