- One University Place, Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 1-888-WIDENER
Widener At A Glance
- More than 40 undergraduate majors and 50 minors, including top-ranked programs in nursing, engineering, and tourism and hospitality management.
- Numerous dual degrees and joint majors, such as environmental science/biology and psychology/social science.
- An exploratory studies program that helps students select a major that best suits their goals and interests.
- Nationally recognized leadership, civic engagement, and paid co-op programs that prepare students for successful lives and careers.
- Degree and certificate options for adult/nontraditional undergraduates.
- Master's, doctoral, and certificate programs in business administration, clinical psychology, criminal justice, education, engineering, higher education, human sexuality, law, liberal studies, nursing, physical therapy, public administration, and social work.
- Several graduate degree options are available as online programs.
- 2017 undergraduate enrollment: 3,427.
- 2017 graduate enrollment: 3,091.
- Students represent 48 states and 37 foreign countries.
- 26% of undergraduate students and 32% of graduate students are minorities.
- 1102 average SAT score of the fall 2017 freshman class.
- 80+ student clubs and organizations.
- 68% of undergraduate students participate in community service and/or volunteer programs, compared to the national average of 47%.
- 96% of undergraduate students receive financial aid.
- $27,000 average scholarship and grant aid package; direct admit undergraduate international students are considered
for academic merit scholarships.
- 13:1 student-faculty ratio.
- 90% have a doctorate or the highest degree in their field.
Campus & Facilities
- 110-acre campus, only 20 minutes from Philadelphia (the fifth largest city in the United States).
- Our award-winning, state-of-the-art buildings include Freedom Hall, which houses communication studies and computer science, Founders Hall, which houses nursing and the Oskin Institute, and the Wellness Center.
- Founders Hall, Freedom Hall, and Harris Hall were granted the prestigious LEED designation by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Seven of our buildings use geothermal technology.
- On-campus art gallery, museum, and observatory.
- We have alumni in all 50 states and around the world.
- 204 judges in 19 states and the District of Columbia graduated from our law schools.
- 87% of undergraduates from the Class of 2015 were employed or in graduate school within
six months of graduation.