Widener At A Glance
We have a good thing going at Widener. These fast facts give you a snapshot.
Our Academic Programs
- More than 40 undergraduate majors and 50 minors, including top-ranked programs in nursing, engineering, and hospitality management.
- Numerous dual degrees and joint majors, such as environmental science/biology and psychology/social science.
- An exploratory studies program that helps students select a major that best suits their goals and interests.
- Nationally recognized leadership, civic engagement, and paid co-op programs that prepare students for successful lives and careers.
- Degree and certificate options for adult/nontraditional undergraduates.
- Master's, doctoral, and certificate programs in business administration, clinical psychology, criminal justice, education, engineering, higher education, hospitality & tourism, human sexuality, law, liberal studies, nursing, physical therapy, public administration, and social work.
- Several graduate degree options are available as online progams.
- Total undergraduate student enrollment in 2015 is 3,554.
- Total graduate student enrollment in 2015 is 2,664.
- Students represent 23 states and 37 foreign countries.
- 24% undergraduate students and 29% graduate students are minorities.
- 1027 average SAT score of the fall 2015 freshman class.
- 80+ student clubs and organizations.
- More than 35% of students study abroad.
- 75% of undergraduate students participate in internship, community service, and/or volunteer programs.
- 94% of all undergraduate students receive financial aid.
- $25,850 average scholarship and grant aid package; direct admit undergraduate international students are considered
for academic merit scholarships.
- 12:1 student-faculty ratio.
- 90% have a doctorate or the highest degree in their field.
Our Campus & Facilities
- 110-acre campus, only 20 minutes from Philadelphia (the fifth largest city in the United States).
- Our award-winning, state-of-the-art buildings include Freedom Hall, which houses communication studies and computer science, Founders Hall, which houses nursing and the Oskin Institute, and the Wellness Center.
- Founders Hall, Freedom Hall, and Harris Hall were granted the prestigious LEED designation by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Seven of our buildings use geothermal technology.
- On-campus art gallery, museum, and observatory.
- We have alumni in all 50 states and around the world.
- 196 judges in 17 states graduated from our law schools.
- 89% of undergraduates from the Class of 2014 were employed or in graduate school within
six months of graduation.
But our statistics only tell half the story. Ready to learn more about Widener?