Widener At A Glance
We have a good thing going at Widener. These fast facts give you a snapshot.
Our Academic Programs
- More than 40 undergraduate majors and 50 minors, including top-ranked programs in nursing and hospitality management.
- 10 dual majors.
- An exploratory studies program that helps students select a major that best suits their goals and interests.
- Nationally-recognized leadership, civic engagement, and paid co-op programs that prepare students for successful lives and careers.
- Degree and certificate options for adult undergraduates.
- Master's, doctoral, and certificate programs in business administration, clinical psychology, criminal justice, education, engineering, higher education, hospitality & tourism, law, nursing, physical therapy, public administration, and social work.
- A highly-regarded graduate program in human sexuality studies.
Our Undergraduate Students
- Total enrollment in 2014 is 3,437 students.
- Students represent 34 states and 26 foreign countries.
- 25% are students of color.
- 1029 average SAT score of the Fall 2014 freshman class.
- 80+ student clubs and organizations.
- 35% of students study abroad.
- 75% of students participate in internship, community service, and/or volunteer programs.
- 90% of all students receive financial aid.
- $22,400 average scholarship package.
Our Graduate Students
- Total enrollment in 2014 is 2,548 students.
- 27% are students of color.
- 12:1 student-faculty ratio.
- 13% full-time faculty members of color.
- 90% have a doctorate or the highest degree in their field.
Our Campus & Facilities
- 110-acre campus, only 20 minutes from Philadelphia (the fifth largest city in the U.S.).
- State-of-the-art communication studies and computer science (Freedom Hall) and nursing (Founders Hall) buildings.
- On-campus art gallery, museum, and observatory.
- 1,000+ Widener alumni are CEOs or presidents of organizations.
- 132 judges in 17 states graduated from our law schools.
- 84% of graduates from the class of 2012 were employed or in graduate school within
six months of graduation.
But our statistics only tell half the story. Ready to learn more about Widener?