- One University Place, Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 1-888-WIDENER
Points of Pride
- The Wall Street Journal has listed Widener among the top 10 of the more than 100 Philadelphia-area colleges and universities. It also gave Widener a high score of 8.7 out of 10 for career preparation in its inaugural list of top U.S. colleges.
- Payscale ranked Widener among the top 20% of universities nationwide on the basis of alumni median salary.
- The U.S. Department of Education's annual College Scorecard ranked Widener 11th out
of the top Philadelphia-area schools based on median post-graduate salary of young
alumni. Widener's median was more than $18,000 above the national average.
- Widener students’ satisfaction with their education is six percentage points higher than the norm at four-year private colleges and universities in the Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory.
- In a recent survey, 90% of Widener seniors rated their overall Widener experience
as "excellent" or "good."
- Widener’s Social Work program was ranked as the number 1 online social work graduate program by graduateprograms.com.
- Widener University ranks among the top 10 schools in Pennsylvania for online learning according to TheBestSchools.org.
- Widener received a 2016 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report has listed Commonwealth Law School as a nationally ranked top law school in its "Best Graduate Schools 2018" guidebook.
- Widener’s graduate physical therapy program was ranked among the nation’s top 40 by gradschools.com.
- Widener was rated among the top 75 schools for planning by Financialplanning.com.
- U.S. News and World Report rated Widener’s undergraduate engineering program among the top 100 in the nation among those universities without engineering doctoral programs.
- Widener undergraduates are 20% more likely to participate in high-impact educational practices and collaborative learning experiences, according to the National Survey of Student Engagement.
- International Jurist named Delaware Law School’s LLM degree to three impressive “best” lists: “Law School Experience,” “Career Opportunities,” and “Value.”
- The National Jurist magazine ranked Widener Law Commonwealth #5 in the country on
its "Best Schools for Bar Exam Preparation" list.
Serving Veterans and the Military
- A “Military Friendly School,” Widener is in the top 20 percent of colleges and universities nationwide that are doing the most for America’s military families, according to Victory Media, Inc.
- The Veterans Law Clinic at Delaware Law School has recovered more than $9 million in benefits for veterans and earned the Delaware Governor’s Outstanding Volunteer Award for community service.
- Delaware Law School is the nation’s only law school that is an affiliate of the Wills
for Heroes program. Students help offer free legal services for police officers, fire
fighters, and other first responders.
Serving the Community
- Widener has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll every year and recently was 1 of 14 institutions named a Presidential Award Finalist.
- Through the Youth Court Initiative, students from law, criminal justice, social work, and clinical psychology help youth understand the legal system and avoid the path to juvenile detention.
- The Medical Legal Partnership with Crozer-Keystone Health System and Nursing Legal Partnership illustrates an interdisciplinary approach to addressing the need for legal intervention that frequently accompanies social problems manifested through illness.