- One University Place, Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 1-888-WIDENER
Points of Pride
- The Wall Street Journal ranks Widener in the top 25% in the country among all the national universities and elite liberal arts institutions.
- Payscale's 2018-2019 College Salary Report ranked Widener among the top 21% of universities nationwide on the basis of alumni median salary.
- The U.S. Department of Education's annual College Scorecard ranked Widener 11th out
of the top Philadelphia-area schools based on median post-graduate salary of young
alumni. Widener's median was more than $18,000 above the national average.
- Widener students’ satisfaction with their education is six percentage points higher than the norm at four-year private colleges and universities in the Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory.
- In a recent survey, 90% of Widener seniors rated their overall Widener experience as "excellent" or "good."
- Widener’s Social Work program was ranked as the number 1 online social work graduate program by graduateprograms.com.
- Widener University ranks among the top 10 schools in Pennsylvania for online learning according to TheBestSchools.org.
- Widener received a 2018 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report has listed Commonwealth Law School as a nationally ranked top law school in its "Best Graduate Schools 2018" guidebook.
- Widener’s graduate physical therapy program was ranked among the nation’s top 40 by gradschools.com.
- U.S. News and World Report's "Best Undergraduate Engineering Program" ranking rated Widener’s undergraduate engineering program among universities nationwide without engineering doctoral programs.
- The National League for Nursing designated Widener’s School of Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for 2017-2021.
- Widener undergraduates are 20% more likely to participate in high-impact educational practices and collaborative learning experiences, according to the National Survey of Student Engagement.
- International Jurist named Delaware Law School’s LLM degree to three impressive “best” lists: “Law School Experience,” “Career Opportunities,” and “Value.”
- The National Jurist magazine ranked Widener Law Commonwealth #5 in the country on its "Best Schools for Bar Exam Preparation" list.
- Widener was rated among the top 75 schools for planning by Financialplanning.com.
- Widener ranks ninth on a national list of the 15 best colleges and universities for online Master of Business Administration programs in health care management, according to TheBestSchools.org.
Serving the Community
- Widener has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll every year and recently was listed with distinction.
- Through the Youth Court Initiative, students from law, criminal justice, social work, and clinical psychology help youth understand the legal system and avoid the path to juvenile detention.
- The Medical Legal Partnership with Crozer-Keystone Health System and Nursing Legal Partnership illustrates an interdisciplinary approach to addressing the need for legal intervention that frequently accompanies social problems manifested through illness.
Serving Veterans and the Military
- A “Military Friendly School,” Widener is in the top 20 percent of colleges and universities nationwide that are doing the most for America’s military families, according to Victory Media, Inc.
- Widener is proud to offer scholarships for our Army ROTC and Widener CARES programs as well as facilitate an endowed Marine Corp scholarship. Widener also participates in various U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs programs.
- Delaware Law School is the nation’s only law school that is an affiliate of the Wills for Heroes program. Students help offer free legal services for police officers, fire fighters, and other first responders.