Points of Pride
- Payscale ranked Widener among the top 20% of universities nationwide on the basis of alumni median salary.
- Widener undergraduates are 20% more likely to participate in high-impact educational practices and collaborative learning experiences, according to the National Survey of Student Engagement.
- 100% of first time test takers from Widener’s Commonwealth Law School passed the Pennsylvania bar exam in February 2016.
- International Jurist named Delaware Law School’s LLM degree to three impressive “best”
lists: “Law School Experience,” “Career Opportunities,” and “Value.”
- Widener students’ satisfaction with their education is six percentage points higher than the norm at four-year private colleges and universities in the Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory.
- Widener met or exceeded expectations for 83% of students.
- Widener students gave the university a resounding thumbs-up with nearly 75% indicating
that they would choose Widener again.
- Widener’s Social Work program was ranked as the number 1 online social work graduate program by graduateprograms.com.
- Widener University ranks among the top 10 schools in Pennsylvania for online learning according to TheBestSchools.org.
- Widener received a 2016 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine.
- PreLaw Magazine named Commonwealth Law School as one of the nation’s top 20 schools for government law with an A grade in the employment category.
- Widener’s graduate physical therapy program was ranked among the nation’s top 40 by gradschools.com.
- Widener was rated among the top 75 schools for planning by Financialplanning.com.
- U.S. News and World Report rated Widener’s undergraduate engineering program among
the top 100 in the nation among those universities without engineering doctoral programs.
Serving Veterans and the Military
- A “Military Friendly School,” Widener belongs in the top 20 percent of colleges and universities nationwide that are doing the most for America’s military families, according to Victory Media, Inc.
- The Veterans Law Clinic at Delaware Law School has recovered more than $7 million in benefits for veterans, earning it the Delaware Governor’s Outstanding Volunteer Award for community service.
- Delaware Law School is the nation’s only law school that is an affiliate of the Wills
for Heroes program. Students offer free legal services for police officers, fire
fighters, and other first responders.
Serving the Community
- Widener has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll every year and recently was 1 of 14 institutions named a Presidential Award Finalist.
- Through the Youth Court Initiative, students from law, criminal justice, social work, and clinical psychology help youth understand the legal system and avoid the path to juvenile detention.
- The Medical Legal Partnership with Crozer-Keystone Health System and Nursing Legal Partnership illustrates an interdisciplinary approach to addressing the need for legal intervention that frequently accompanies social problems manifested through illness