- One University Place, Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 1-888-WIDENER
By 2021, Widener University will be a leader among metropolitan universities in promoting student transformation and success through:
Rigorous academic expectations and high-impact educational practices that support intended learning outcomes.
- Articulate characteristics of rigorous academic expectations and practices.
- Raise the level of academic rigor.
- Expand the use of high-impact educational practices.
- Improve high-impact educational practices and student learning outcomes.
- Promote a university culture where academic expectations and high-impact educational
practices are developed, supported, and rewarded.
A dynamic campus environment that immerses students in meaningful curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular experiences.
- Increase students’ participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that promote student success.
- Support and strengthen domestic and international university-recognized programs in order to engage students in global and multicultural activities.
- Develop a campus infrastructure that promotes a vibrant living and learning environment.
- Increase opportunities for student interactions outside the classroom with faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni.
- Foster life-long commitments to the university in students and alumni.
A culture of leadership that inspires students, faculty, and staff to have a positive influence on their workplaces, professions, communities, and the world.
- Position the university as a recognized international model for intellectual, scholarly, and experiential work on leadership.
- Develop and assess professional and civic leadership attributes in students.
- Provide collaborative academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs and experiences for leadership development.
- Engage faculty and staff with challenging leadership development opportunities.
A diverse university community that champions a culture of respect, civility, and inclusivity.
- Continue to foster a campus climate that values multiple perspectives and experiences.
- Prepare all students for success in a diverse and global society.
- Expand and promote access, equity, and success for disadvantaged and underrepresented students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Create and sustain institutional structures and processes to support a culture of inclusivity.
- Promote scholarship related to diversity and inclusive excellence.
Scholarship by faculty and students that enriches learning and advances knowledge within and across disciplines.
- Strengthen a culture that values, promotes, and supports faculty and student scholarship.
- Increase faculty participation in scholarly activities, including the scholarship of discovery, integration, teaching, application, and engagement, in addition to types of scholarship specific to particular disciplines.
- Increase student participation in scholarly activities.
- Increase collaboration between faculty and students in scholarly activities.
Civic engagement that furthers the university’s national and global leadership in educating engaged citizens and in contributing to the vitality and well-being of the communities we serve.
- Create and enhance institutional structures and processes to advance the university’s leadership in civic engagement.
- Increase the scope and impact of curricular and co-curricular civic engagement activities.
- Increase support for developing strategic reciprocal partnerships that enhance student learning through civic engagement.
- Enhance the university’s role as an anchor institution.
Institutional agility and innovation that make the university attractive, accessible, and sustainable.
- Optimize the university’s enrollment.
- Achieve strategic initiatives through effective allocation and stewardship of human and financial resources.
- Anticipate and adapt to the changing environment with innovative educational and business practices.
- Construct and maintain facilities, including the technology infrastructure, that serve the diverse needs of the university community.
- Adopt policies and practices that promote efficient use and conservation of natural resources.
Click to download: