2017 GI Jobs Military Friendly Schools GraphicWidener has been named a "Military Friendly School®" by Victory Media and a "Best College for Veterans" by U.S. News & World Report. We welcome applications from U. S. military veterans who want to begin or continue their college education by offering full-time undergraduate programs, part-time evening, and weekend undergraduate programs through Widener's Continuing Studies, as well as graduate and doctoral programs.

The university participates with educational benefit programs offered through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Montgomery GI Bill® and Post 9-11 Bill® benefit programs are available to qualified veterans for attendance at Widener.

For information on the new GI Bill® and specific benefit questions, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.

We are also committed to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, offering matching tuition assistance to all eligible undergraduate and graduate students attending classes on our Main Campus and ten students attending our School of Law. Visit the Widener University School of Law veterans website for more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program for law students.

Post 9-11 GI Bill® and the Yellow Ribbon Program

To participate, follow the required three steps below:

  1. Review the U.S. Department of  Veterans Affairs website.
    You'll find instructions regarding eligibility and applying for your Certificate of Eligibility. You may wish to seek assistance from your base Education Specialist, Family Readiness Center, or from your VA representative.
  2. Apply to Widener University and be accepted as a student.
    There is no application fee if you apply online.
  3. Enroll at Widener as a Post 9-11 GI Bill® or Yellow Ribbon participant. 
    To complete the process, go to Veterans Information and Forms on the Bursar's Office CampusCruiser web page.

Transferring Benefits To Dependents

If you want to transfer your Post 9-11 GI Bill® or Yellow Ribbon benefit to a dependent or spouse, follow the VA's instructions for the Transfer Of Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits To Dependents (TEB). The Department of Defense determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family members.This process must be completed while the veteran is on active duty.

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, please submit the following:

  • Copy of theCertificate of Eligibility 
  • DD214 papers (where applicable)
  • Widener's Application for Veterans Enrollment Certification

Mail, fax, or e-mail all the above documentation to:

Widener University
Enrollment Services
ATTN: Veteran's Services — Lipka Hall

One University Place 
Chester, PA 19013-5792
fax: 610-499-4687
e-mail: enrollmentservices@widener.edu

For assistance with school certification or questions regarding any VA Education Benefit Programs at Widener University, contact Carol Smith, VA Certifying Official, at 610-499-4414 or by e-mail at clsmith@widener.edu.

The G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill