A balance leader is described as one that knows how to mix individual decision making with group deliberation. The leader actively promotes change while also delegating, teaching, and learning.
Book to Read
Balanced Leadership in Unbalanced Times
by Robert Pasick and Kathleen O’Gorman
Quick Take from the Book
In their book, Pasick and O’Gorman refer to the top 20 characteristics of a balance leader. Of this list we’ll offer 7 characteristics:
The balanced leader:
- Manages his/her time adequately
- Manages his/her energy
- Adheres to his/her ethical issues
- Leverages his/her strengths while managing weaknesses
- Acknowledges his/her mistakes
- Tries to see himself/herself as others see him/her.
- Never tries to lead oh his/her own
Quote of Note
“All effective organizations share at least one thing in common: effectively balanced leadership”-Taken from the book Balanced Leadership in Unbalanced Times, Robert Pasick and Kathleen O'Gorman, P.54.