Widener University’s professors are nationally-recognized experts in a wide range of disciplines from international development to biomedical engineering to clinical psychology. They are published authors, award-winning researchers, gifted educators, and sought-after consultants. And while they’re proud of their achievements and accolades, what really matters to them is teaching students.
Student Projects Day
Student Projects Day is an annual celebration of the scholarly work of students across
the University and an opportunity for our students to improve their skills in scientific
communication. No classes are held, but research presentations, panel discussions,
short films, senior projects, interdisciplinary projects, artistic displays and performances
are part of a diverse series of offerings open to the entire Widener community.
Widener Professors Teach by Example
Their commitment to teaching is a practical model for Widener’s broader commitment to leadership and service. Their passion for their respective fields is infectious, and they’ll challenge you to do and think and learn more than you ever thought possible.
Faculty Achievements and Awards
Dr. Yvonne Antonucci, Business
- Winner of 2010 International Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology
- Spearheaded collaborative SAP technology project with Widener, University of Münster and Saarland University
Dr. John Dernbach, Law
- Honored with 2010 distinguished service award by Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Law Section
- Published Stumbling Toward Sustainability (2002), a collection of essays by 31 experts
- Named to National Academy of Sciences’ Committee on Incorporating Sustainability in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Dr. Robin Goldberg-Glen, Social Work
- Coordinated and taught geriatric social work class at Chonqing Technology and Business University while conducting research on issues of aging in China
Dr. Joe Hargadon, Accounting
- Awarded 2011 Fitz Dixon Innovation in Teaching Award, 2005 Lindback Teaching Award, and 1995 Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award
- Six-time winner of Distinguished Undergraduate Professor of the Year by the School of Business Administration
Dr. Kenneth Pobo, Humanities
- Winner of the 2077 Lindback Teaching Award for Excellence
- Author of Glass Garden (2008) and several other poetry books
Dr. James T. Harris III, university president
- Awarded the 2011 Chief Executive Leadership Award from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District II.
- Member of the faculty of the Management Development Program and the Management in Leadership Education Program at Harvard University.
Widener’s faculty will mentor, guide and support as you earn your degree and prepare for the next chapter of your career and your life.