Office of Global Engagement
Dr. Denise Gifford (Global Engagement)
- Associate Provost of Global Engagement & Dean of Students
- University Center,
- Main Level
- Contact for Global Engagement Initiatives
- Director of International Student Services
- University Center,
- Upper Level
- Contact for Semester Study Abroad and National Student Exchange programs
What Study Abroad Meant to Me
Check out what our students say about their study abroad experience and see global learning in action.
Associate Provost for Global Engagement
Dr. Paula T. Silver
Learn more about the value of study abroad and how Widener has opportunities for every student to experience the world around them.
If you want your education to include international study and travel, Widener is the place to be!
The university’s growing number of international partnerships and study abroad opportunities make it possible for every student to have the opportunity to participate in a global experience.
Widener's Office for Global Engagement is the support system for our students throughout the entire study abroad process from application to reentry. They act as your guide and will help you understand the importance of building an appreciation of the world around us.
But don’t just take our word for it, read what our students have to say about Widener global engagement.
- “Widener’s commitment to global engagement has really shaped who I am as a person.”
– Ronnie Rabena, Political Science and International Relations
- “The relationships you make and the things you learn will last your whole life.”
– Doug Fisher, Economics and Political Science
- “It’s the culmination of being young.”
– Malik Dixon, Pre-Physical Therapy and Psychology
Whether you want to spend a semester away or just a few weeks, Widener has opportunities to help you learn and grow into a global leader through our international study abroad and domestic study away programs.
Widener’s global partners include international universities and communities that collaborate with us to provide a robust array of joint projects and mutual exchange opportunities.
The university also hosts visiting research scholars from around the world who conduct research and serve as guest lecturers in a variety of fields.