Office of Global Engagement
Dr. Denise Gifford
- Associate Provost of Global Engagement & Dean of Students
- University Center, Main Level
- Contact for Global Engagement Initiatives
- Director of International Student Services
- University Center,
- Upper Level
- Contact for Semester Study Abroad and National Student Exchange programs
Short-term Study Abroad Programs
Emma Irving, English
“Over spring break, I had the brilliant opportunity to travel to the English Lake District…to study Wordsworth in his beloved Grasmere. I cannot stop gushing about my trip; it was life-changing in so many respects.” Read more about Emma’s study abroad experience.
Lauren Elliott, Nursing
“It opens up your mind and you make relationships that will last a lifetime. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about my trip to Honduras.”
We know that not everyone can study abroad for a full semester, but we still want our students to get out of their comfort zones!
There are many short-term study abroad opportunities available here at Widener. Some students are able to go abroad as part of a class, and others spend several weeks of the summer with one of our global partners.
The opportunities are endless, and it will be an experience you’ll never forget!
- Anthropology and education in Trinidad
- Environmental science in Costa Rica
- Gender and women’s studies, sociology, and anthropology in Mexico
- Culture and language in China
- Business students study around the world
- Education students in Honduras
Interested in short-term study abroad?
You can also check out our FAQs or visit the Office for Global Engagement on Campus Cruiser.