Graduate Studies & Extended Learning
- Kapelski Learning Center, Room 120
- tel: 610-499-4282
- fax: 610-499-4369
Requirements, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Extended Learning
Once students meet the criteria for admission to the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS) program, they can move into the bachelor's program. Students without previous college credits are encouraged to work with their advisor. An option would be to complete an associate of science in general studies degree that would include some of the requirements for the DMS program.
Admission Requirements for the Ultrasound Program
- 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA); calculated over all college transcripts
- ENGL 101 Composition and Critical Thought
- MATH 117 Elementary Functions
- BIO 121 Anatomy and Physiology I (within 5 years of admission)
- BIO 122 Anatomy and Physiology II (within 5 years of admission)
- PHYS 141 College Physics
- ALLH 220 Healthcare and the Law (or Medical Ethics)
- Medical Terminology
A grade of “C” or better must be earned in each prerequisite course on the first attempt (no repeats permitted.)* There is no option for advanced placement or experiential learning credits.
For additional information, please view the student selection process in more detail. *Contact Nancy Maffia for a more detailed explanation on the repeat and withdrawal policy.
Additional Preclinical Requirements
- Active certification in CPR/BLS. Only seated courses with chest compression practice will be accepted.
- FBI fingerprint, criminal background check, and Pennsylvania child abuse clearance
- Physical and drug clearance
- Interview with the Crozer-Chester DMS program director
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license required within 6 months of clinical start,
if not active in direct patient care (program director determination)
Students will receive Widener credit for all Crozer-Chester courses and clinicals and will be required to complete their courses and clinicals in consecutive semesters.
Sitting for national registry boards in physics, abdomen, and ob/gyn are also a requirement for graduation.