- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Freedom Hall, Room 313
- tel: 610-499-4367
Digital Media Informatics
The digital media informatics major will prepare you for work in a frontier that is very different from the media landscape of just a few years ago.
Studying digital media informatics at Widener is your opportunity to be at the forefront of today's changing media environment—a field that is continuing to evolve and expand in exciting directions such as digital storytelling, game design, and a wide variety of apps and web-based programs.
Digital media informatics will give you broad knowledge in both communications and computer and information systems so that you can help employers in just about any industry adapt to these changes. And, with your unique knowledge, you’ll be able to spark your own innovations.
The digital media informatics major is a state-of-the-art program that integrates and leverages programs, resources, and expertise of both the computer science and communication studies programs.
- Advertising and digital communications
- Animation, graphic, & interaction design
- Digital strategist
- E-commerce online marketing
- Media communications and mobile solutions
- Media monitoring and social media analyst
- Mobile app developer
- Sales intelligence and marketing programming manager
- Social media specialist
- Web design and web support