School of Business Administration
- Quick Center
- tel: 610-499-4300
- fax: 610-499-4614
Lou Anne Vike
- Assistant Dean for Academic Programs
- Quick Center, Room 141
- tel: 610-499-4309
- Graduate Program Director
- Associate Dean
- Quick Center, Room 244
- tel: 610-499-4330
School of Business Administration
Jayati Ghosh, Ph.D
Welcome to Dr. Jayati Ghosh, Ph.D. She brings a wealth of experience from Dominican University of California. She has extensive experience in global education and has built many opportunities for students to study abroad. Dr. Ghosh has knowledge in honors program development and expertise with faculty development. Learn more about about Dr. Ghosh...
A Leader in Business Education
The Widener University School of Business Administration prepares students for successful careers and leadership positions in business.
Our students have positions in companies like Vanguard, Boeing Company, JPMorgan Chase, KPMG, and Comcast.
- Students can choose from experiential learning and internship opportunities such as studying in China, working with the international accounting firm KPMG, or working with either the Philadelphia Eagles or the Philadelphia Union Major League Soccer club.
- Students can complete a cooperative education (co-op) program, earn valuable job experience and a salary, and – unlike co-op programs at most universities – can still graduate in four years.
- The Money Club visits the New York Stock Exchange and they manage their own investment fund. Many of our students also travel to participate in scholastic competitions with other universities and to professional conferences with their professors.
- Business students gain hands-on experience with local businesses through the Widener Small Business Development Center. Founded in January 2007, Widener’s Small Business Development Center is one of only 18 SBDCs in Pennsylvania. The center provides free and confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs as well as educational workshops. In 2013, the U.S. Small Business Administration selected Widener SBDC for the SBDC Excellence and Innovation Award for the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- SBA students at Widener can connect with professionals working in the field without
ever leaving campus through a remarkable Executive in Residence Program. This unique
opportunity allows our students to receive invaluable career advice and coaching,
which helps to better prepare them for careers. The SBA’s current Executive in Residence
is John Baldino, an accomplished information technology executive.
Mark of Excellence
Widener’s School of Business Administration holds accreditation from the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the premier accrediting body for business education. Only five percent of business schools worldwide hold this accreditation.
The school also has been designated as a “Principles for Responsible Management Education” (PRME) university for adopting the principles of the United Nations Global Compact. PRME seeks to establish a process of continuous improvement among institutions of management education in order to develop a new generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex challenges faced by business and society in the 21st century.
The School of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This professional accreditation places Widener among the top one-third of college business schools in the U.S. and Europe.