Are You Looking For?
- SBA Honors Program
- Industry Partners
- Financial Services Advisory Board
- Quick Takes Newsletter
School of Business Administration
Penelope S. Greenberg
Lou Anne Vike
Assistant Dean, Academic Programs
Jessica F. Hoopes
Assistant Dean, Relationship Development
Quick Center, Room 141
Widener's management major teaches you how to be a successful business leader.
Several concentrations are available within the management major:
- Financial Management: Provides theoretical knowledge and practical understanding of the various roles a financial manager plays.
- Human Resources: Provides essential knowledge for entry and future advancement in the functional areas of human resource management, including recruiting and staffing, training and development, and labor and employee relations.
- Management Information Systems: Provides students with the skills and knowledge to bridge the gap between business and technical functions by helping organizations more effectively use their technology resources.
- Marketing and Advertising: Provides a solid foundation in marketing concepts and an appreciation of the role marketing and advertising play in society.
- Operations Management: Provides students with an in-depth understanding of value creation and how to gain competitive advantages by transforming available resources into needed goods and services.
- Sport Management: Emphasizes the management of sport-related enterprises in areas such as professional sports, intercollegiate sports, health and sports facilities, and community recreation, as well as marketing sport-related products and services.
- General Management: Provides a broad understanding of management.
Students can choose electives from any of the above areas.
Dean Fred Akl
Professor Fred A. Akl, dean of the School of Engineering, discusses his work with NASA during the STS-63 and STS-71 space shuttle missions.
At the Health Annex
Lynn Freda, a nurse and graduate student in Widener's Family Nurse Practitioner master's program, talks about her experiences working with Dr. Shirlee Drayton-Brooks, associate professor at the School of Nursing.
Dr. Marina Barnett
Dr. Marina Barnett, associate professor in the Center for Social Work Education, talks about the leadership qualities she sees in her students. Also, Dr. Barnett gives an amazing Widener rallying cry. Check it out!
Catherine Rawlings '14
Catherine Rawlings, a junior from West Chester, Pa., talks about why she participates in the AmeriCorps Community Fellows program at Widener.
Dr. Jeannette Wyatt
Assistant Professor Jenny Wyatt discusses the work and impact of the Widener Center for Violence Prevention.
Dr. Nadine McHenry
Associate Professor Nadine McHenry talks about the importance of exposing teacher candidates to schoolchildren from different contexts.
The 1821 Experience
In this pre-orientation program, you will explore how multiculturalism adds to the college experience and connect with other students on campus.
This multi-day backpacking trip, led by members of the Outdoor Adventure Club, offers incoming Widener students a chance to build self-confidence and a social network of like-minded students on campus while having fun in the Appalachian Mountains.
This student life leadership program, Enhancing Leadership Experience Via Activities, Training, and Engagement, aka ELEVATE, allows you to build or hone your leadership skills with learning tracks for emerging student leaders.
The Oskin Leaders program inspires and equips Widener undergraduates to courageously leverage their passion and leadership skills to create significant, positive change.