Dr. Marcia Bolton discusses Widener University's intern program for graduate students.
During the senior year, students seeking certification must fulfill a full-time student
teaching experience. The experience provides candidates with the opportunity to put
into practice all the principles and techniques they learned in their coursework.
Students who are planning to seek teacher certification should declare their intent as soon as possible.
Eligibility requirements for student teaching include:
- an overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- successful completion of all field experiences (transfer students must consult with the coordinator of field placement and student teaching concerning this matter.)
- successful completion of all required professional education courses
- successful completion of the writing sample requirement
- having developed a portfolio.