Laptops & Scholarships
Does this describe you?
- You will graduate from high school in Spring 2015 with a combined math and critical reading SAT score of 1250 or higher, or ACT composite score of 28 or higher, and your grade point average is 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- You are transferring with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and completed one calculus and one science course approved for engineering.
- You are enrolling in one of Widener's engineering majors–biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, or mechanical–in Fall 2015 [or Spring 2016 for transfers only] and will remain enrolled as a full-time student for at least four semesters pursuing a designated engineering curriculum.
If so, you'll have a guaranteed laptop. A Widener application for admission is required. Just fill out the form online at www.widener.edu/apply. No separate application for the laptop is required. This program is only open to high school students who have not previously enrolled in any other post-secondary institution.
* Recipients of the 2014 Engineering Laptop Scholarship will receive a machine with similar specifications:
- Processor: Intel Dual Core i5-4200U Processor
- Memory: 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3L
- Hard Drive: 500GB 5400 RPM SATA
- Screen: 14.0" HD 16:9 Anti-Glare
- Wireless: 1705 @ 2.4GHz and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB Ports: 2xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0
- Graphics: Intel HD 4400 Graphics
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit or Above
The Widener School of Engineering also recommends the above specifications for students purchasing new computers. You can find more information, including discounts, on laptops at Widener's ITS Webpage.