Laptops & Scholarships
Does this describe you?
- You will graduate from high school in Spring 2015 with a combined math and critical reading SAT score of 1250 or higher, or ACT composite score of 28 or higher, and your grade point average is 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- You are transferring with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and completed one calculus and one science course approved for engineering.
- You are enrolling in one of Widener's engineering majors–biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, or mechanical–in Fall 2015 [or Spring 2016 for transfers only] and will remain enrolled as a full-time student for at least four semesters pursuing a designated engineering curriculum.
If so, you'll have a guaranteed laptop. A Widener application for admission is required. Just fill out the form online at www.widener.edu/apply. No separate application for the laptop is required. This program is only open to high school students who have not previously enrolled in any other post-secondary institution.
* Recipients of the 2014 Engineering Laptop Scholarship will receive a machine with similar specifications:
- Processor: 3rd gen. Intel Core i5-3337U Processor
- Memory: 4 GB (1x4GB) DDDR3L
- Screen: 13.3-inch HD 16:9 Anti-Glare
- Wireless: 1504 1x1 802.11bgn
- USB Ports: 2 xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0-PowerShare Capable
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- Operating System: Windows 8
The Widener School of Engineering also recommends the above specifications for students purchasing new computers. You can find more information, including discounts, on laptops at Widener's ITS Webpage.