Laptops & Scholarships
Does this describe you?
- You will graduate from High School in Spring 2012 with a combined math and critical reading SAT score of 1200 or higher/combined math and critical reading ACT score of 27 or higher.
- Your grade point average is 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale), or you are in the top 20 percent of your class.
- You are enrolling in one of Widener's engineering majors in Fall 2012, and will remain enrolled as a full-time student for at least four semesters pursuing a designated engineering curriculum.
If so, you'll have a guaranteed laptop. A Widener application for admission is required. Just fill out the form online at www.widener.edu/admissions.
*No separate application for the laptop is required. This program is only open to high school students who have not previously enrolled in any other post-secondary institution. Transfer students are not eligible.
* Recipients of the 2011 Engineering Laptop Scholarship will receive a machine with the following specifications:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2410 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB DDDR3
- Optical Drive: 8x DVD +/- RW
- Screen: 15-inches
- WiFi: 1030-802.11 b/g/n
- USB Ports: 3
- Graphics: HD graphics
- Operating System: Windows 7
The Widener School of Engineering also recommends the above specifications for students purchasing new computers.
You can find more information including discounts on laptops at Widener's ITS Webpage.