High School Teachers Workshop
July 30 — August 1, 2013 CANCELLED
This interactive, three-day event offers participants hands-on learning experiences where fun, challenges, and teaching skills interact.
Widener is looking for high school teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators who are interested in:
- Increased awareness of engineering as an exciting career.
- Understanding the engineering curriculum and the profile of prospective students.
- Discovering new hands-on and virtual projects to enhance their teaching skill set.
Teachers Workshop Flyer for 2013 Workshop
This workshop qualifies for Pennsylvania Act 48 and non-credit continuing education units from other states (up to 18 CEUs).
- Robotics Lab
- Bottle Rockets Launch
- Bridge Design
- Water Tower Competition
- Profile of Prospective Engineering Students
- Student Panel Discussion
- Practicing Engineers Panel
- Guest Industry Speakers
- Lab Tours
Lodging and Meals
- Modern dorm rooms
- Internet access (wireless)
- Breakfast and Lunch provided
For more information please contact Rudy Treichel by phone: 610-499-1294 or email: email@example.com