School of Engineering
- Kirkbride Hall
- tel: 610-499-4037
- fax: 610-499-4059
Dr. Zhongping Huang
- Chairman of Biomedical Engineering
- Kirkbride Hall, Room 269A
- tel: 610-499-4249
- Secretary of Biomedical Engineering
- Kirkbride Hall, Room 269
- tel: 610-499-4033
The biomedical engineering major explores a rapidly growing field that combines engineering and medical technology, requiring an understanding of complex living systems to find ways to improve the quality of human life. Employment opportunities in the fields of medical devices, pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology, and life sciences industries are expected to grow by nearly 75 percent over the next 10 years, and salaries for biomedical engineering graduates are among the highest in the profession.
- Biomedical engineering/chemical engineering
- Biomedical engineering/electrical engineering
- Biomedical engineering/mechanical engineering
Students interested in any of the double majors listed above should contact the chairman of the biomedical engineering department or the Dean’s Office for details about the curriculum.
- Medical devices
- Medical implants
- Medical professional (MD, PhD)
- Intellectual property lawyer
Undergraduate engineering students can follow their interests within the degree.