Global Leadership Program, Hospitality Management
The purpose of the Global Leadership Program is to better prepare hospitality management students to be leaders in the multicultural international environment of the global economy.
The global hospitality industry needs graduates to be geocentric in perspective and to have cross-cultural understanding and demonstrate leadership skills. The following requirements are necessary for a student to graduate from the Global Leadership Program:
- Completion of an international study experience (a semester or a summer abroad).
- Fulfillment of the modern language requirement.
- Maintenance of a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Service on the International Week Committee.
- Participation in a community service project.
After successful completion, students receive:
- A Global Leadership Program certificate of achievement
- A letter confirming participation
Students who graduate in the Global Leadership Program will have a competitive advantage in employment with international companies and be better prepared to manage a multicultural workforce at home. They will have had international experience, demonstrated an ability to communicate with people of diverse cultures, and been proactive in understanding global issues.
|Australia||International College of Management, Sydney|
|Ireland||Shannon College of Hotel Management|
|Dubai||The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management|
|Greece||The American College of Greece|
|Hong Kong||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|Switzerland||Les Roches Swiss Hotel Association|
|England||Leeds Metropolitan University|