Requirements, RN to MSN
Click here to view requirements for the RN to MSN.
Registered nurses holding a bachelor’s degree in another field of study are eligible to apply to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. Registered nurse applicants must hold a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania.
The following admission requirements must be met to qualify for MSN admission through the bridge option:
- Completed application form
- Transcripts from ALL previously attended institutions of higher education
- Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from professional nurses with graduate degrees, regarding the applicant’s practice and potential for graduate level studies in the advance practice roles of Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) CRNP, Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nursing Education, or Executive Nurse Leadership.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better ( C- will not be accepted)
- Satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants from non-English speaking countries if applicable
- Transcript/portfolio assessment
- Current resume
- Goal statement
Once matriculated, the student may begin the RN to MSN bridge courses.