School of Nursing
- Founders Hall
- Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 610-499-4213
- 3800 Vartan Way
- Harrisburg, PA 17110-9742
- tel: 717-541-1947
Graduate Programs, Nursing
Prepare to thrive as a leader in the nursing profession.
Widener University's School of Nursing is nationally recognized for its master's and doctoral nursing programs, with a more than four-decade history of preparing nurses to step up to the demands and challenges of the ever-changing health care industry.
The School of Nursing is committed to educating a new generation of nurses who excel as educational trailblazers and are skilled in advanced practice nursing roles to design, implement, and evaluate care and provide systems leadership.
Programs are offered online, in person at our Main Campus in Chester, PA and Central PA campus in Harrisburg, PA, as well as a hybrid format which combines in person and online coursework. Accelerated programs are also offered to help you reach your educational and professional goals faster.
- The Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist option prepares the graduate for the advanced practice registered nurse role of the clinical nurse specialist in the population of adult-gerontology.
- The Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) CRNP option offers direct clinical practice to individuals and families with an emphasis on primary care across the lifespan.
- The Nursing Education option prepares the graduate for the advanced nursing practice role of nurse educator in the clinical and academic environments.
- The Executive Nurse Leadership option prepares graduates to transform the health care environment through leadership in a variety of settings and systems.
- Post-master's Certificate options are available for the A-G CNS, FNP, Nursing Education, and Executive Nurse
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares advanced practice nurses to provide clinical leadership in the delivery of culturally competent, evidence-based, disease state management, and/or system-based care.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program's goal is the preparation of nurse scholars and leaders in nursing education.
- Post-doctoral Certificates are available in Nursing Research and Nursing Education.
Accelerated Graduate Options
- The RN to MSN option is for registered nurses holding a bachelor’s degree in another field of study who want to pursue a master of science in nursing (MSN).
- The MSN to PhD option's goal is to prepare nurses for advanced practice and leadership roles in nursing education at a quicker pace than the separate degree programs.
- The Post-Baccalaureate RN to DNP option prepares graduates for culturally competent, evidence-based, system-based
care, inter-professional collaboration and practice leadership.