The MSN to DNP program is available 100% online.
Here is a selection of courses students typically take as part of the DNP program.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Core (21 Credits)*
- NURS 702 Nursing Science I: Epistemology (3)
- NURS 708 Health Policy (3)
- NURS 713 Complex Health Care Systems and Organizational Change (3)
- NURS 732 Evidence-based Practice I (3)
- NURS 734 Evidence-based Practice II (3)
- NURS 736 Informatics (3)
- NURS 740 Ethics and Genetics in Advanced Practice (3)
* Specific coursework is determined on the basis of transcript review.
DNP Specialty (16 Credits)
560 minimal clinical direct and/or systems-based care clinical hours **
- NURS 885 Doctor of Nursing Practice I (4)
- NURS 886 Doctor of Nursing Practice II (6)
- NURS 887 Doctor of Nursing Practice III (6)
Note: NURS 889 DNP Advising (3 credits) is required only if student does not complete
Capstone Practice Improvement Project in NURS 887.
** DNP minimum 560 hours in direct and/or systems-based care above the master’s level
role population focus preparation
For more information about courses and requirements for the DNP program, see the course catalog.