Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Nursing
The primary goal of the doctor of philosophy (PhD) program is the preparation of nurse scholars and leaders in nursing education. Graduates will create and disseminate to the public new knowledge gained from disciplined inquiry related to nursing and nursing education.
At Widener, nurses are prepared at the highest level of nursing science to conduct research that advances theory and empirics of nursing education and practice.
- Faculty member in academic or clinical setting
- Nurse researcher
- Administrative position in academia
- Leader in nursing education organization
- Universities and colleges
- Health care systems
- Professional organizations