School of Nursing
- Founders Hall
- tel: 610-499-4211
Undergraduate Degrees, Nursing
Widener offers a full-time baccalaureate program with direct admission into the School of Nursing as a freshman. We also offer an accelerated evening and weekend baccalaureate program for transfer and second degree students that can be completed in 18 months. Our online RN-to-BSN program, which affords registered nurses the opportunity to complete their BSN in as little as one year.
The strengths of our prelicensure undergraduate program include:
- A four-year program where students begin their nursing major in their freshman year
- Doctorally prepared, clinically expert faculty
- Diverse clinical experiences in the greater Philadelphia area
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 8-to-1 in clinical settings
- State-of-the-art Center for Simulation and Computerized Testing
- Commitment to community service in underserved populations
- Opportunity to take up to two graduate courses if eligible.
- National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX) Pass Rate – 89.06 percent above the State of Pennsylvania average of 87.17 percent and the national average of 84.18 percent for the year from Oct. 1, 2014 through Sept. 30, 2015.
The strengths of our RN-to-BSN undergraduate program include:
- Knowledgeable and dedicated professors
- Flexible learning environment that is completed entirely online
- Uniquely tailored curriculum with a leadership concentration throughout