Graduate Programs, Business
Point of Pride
Ranked 8th in Nation
The master's program in taxation & financial planning was ranked 8th in the nation by taxtalent.com.
The art of doing business is changing rapidly.
Technology has created a truly interconnected world, where the distance between markets and consumers seems closer than ever. Business professionals are finding that the practices of yesterday are coming up short.
To meet this challenge, Widener’s School of Business Administration is educating business leaders to adapt to these new real-world challenges. Through flexible programs designed for working professionals, students can complete a master’s degree on a part-time basis. Students may also study full time.
Widener offers programs in these areas:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Built upon the idea that people learn best by doing, Widener’s rigorous MBA program, which is also offered entirely online, guides you through the philosophy of business and teaches you the practical, real-world know-how that companies seek.
- Health Care Management MBA: The heath care management MBA prepares you for pivotal roles in health care administration and provides the competencies that make you more valuable to health care employers.
- Master of Science in Business Process Innovation: Whether you are a business or an information technology professional, our program gives you the cross-functional perspectives necessary to manage today’s process-oriented organizations. The focus is on the connections and interactions between IT and business.
- Master of Science in Taxation & Financial Planning: If you are a practicing accountant, attorney, recent accounting major, or non-accountant
who wants to enter the field of taxation and financial planning, you may want to explore
Widener's master in taxation and financial planning. When you graduate, you will be
eligible to sit for the Certified Financial Planner examination.
Dual Degree Programs
If you want a broader perspective, you may be interested in one of the following dual degree programs.
- JD/MBA with School of Law
- MJ/MBA with School of Law
- MSE/MBA with School of Engineering
- MD/MBA-HCM with Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- PsyD/MBA with Graduate Clinical Psychology
- PsyD/MBA-HCM with Graduate Clinical Psychology
Graduate Business Association
The Graduate Business Association is an important part of our students' graduate education. We provide opportunities for students to learn how to network, give back to people in need, and manage fundraising events.
The School of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This professional accreditation places Widener among the top one-third of college business schools in the U.S. and Europe.
The Widener University health care management MBA also received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education, or CAHME, in 1982 and continues to receive this prestigious accreditation.