Learning Goals & Objectives, MSBPI
At the Widener University School of Business Administration (SBA), we prepare students for successful careers and leadership positions in business. We provide a challenging educational environment that promotes lifelong professional and personal growth through service and experiential learning. Our commitment to diversity and ethics inspires our students, faculty, and staff to become proactive and socially responsible citizens. We value scholarship and generate knowledge that is valuable to our professional and business community. We embrace the interests of our stakeholders and engage them in our programs and activities.
Leverage Information Systems
MSBPI students will leverage information systems for a competitive advantage and to promote organizational strategy.
- Students will be able to analyze a business/department and recommend appropriate information systems, technologies and processes to address the identified needs.
- Students will complete projects and assignments that adequately address the non-technological aspects of information systems
MSBPI students will communicate effectively with business and information technology (IT) professionals in writing and orally.
- Students will successfully make a presentation on an information systems project that addresses both managerial and technological issues
- Students will research and present current literature in the field and apply it to the material covered in class
Effective Project Managers
MSBPI students will demonstrate effective project management skills
- Students will participate effectively in teams
- Students will apply project management techniques and skills to complete case analyses and projects
Appropriate Use Of Resources
MSBPI students will make use of appropriate resources to maintain currency in their field.
- Students will use current certification exam materials to prepare for assignments in the project management and database courses.
- Students will research and present current literature in the field and apply it to the material covered in class.