Vision and Mission, Health Care Management MBA
We aspire to be a premier graduate program in health care management in the Delaware Valley, recognized for a challenging educational experience that prepares students for leadership positions in the health care industry.
The mission of our program is to:
- Provide a relevant high-quality graduate education in health care management.
- Prepare clinicians and non-clinicians for entry level and middle management positions in the health care industry and enable them to assume leadership roles in their field.
- Meet the needs of our students through excellence in teaching, program flexibility, and continuous improvement of the educational experience.
- Conduct research that improves health care policy and management practice, and facilitate the dissemination and application of this research.
- Serve our stakeholders – Widener University, health services organizations, the health
administration profession, health care providers and local communities.
We are guided by the following values:
- Caring: We care about the needs of our students, our profession, and our community. Our program enables students to balance school, work, and family demands. Our research addresses problems faced by the health care community and providers. Our service meets the needs of our community and stakeholders.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in teaching, research, and service. We expect excellence from our students.
- Collegiality and Integrity: We operate in an atmosphere of respect and collaboration.