Learning Goals & Objectives, MBA
At the Widener University School of Business Administration (SBA), we prepare students for successful careers and leadership positions in business. We provide a challenging educational environment that promotes lifelong professional and personal growth through service and experiential learning. Our commitment to diversity and ethics inspires our students, faculty, and staff to become proactive and socially responsible citizens. We value scholarship and generate knowledge that is valuable to our professional and business community. We embrace the interests of our stakeholders and engage them in our programs and activities.
Our students will have the ability to promote effective codes of ethics that meet the expectations of a broad group of stakeholders. They will demonstrate the ability to evaluate the sustainability reporting efforts of an organization.
- Our students will be able to evaluate an organization’s corporate governance principles and code of ethics to determine if these are in the best interest of multiple stakeholders.
- Our students will be able to evaluate an organization’s sustainability report and related reporting standards using criteria set by widely-recognized sustainability reporting standard setting body.
Our students will demonstrate the ability to foster an environment of creativity and to lead a process of innovation aimed at improvements in products, services and business processes.
- Our students will be able to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Our students will be able to articulate a process for innovation
Our students will be able to position their units, teams or firms for success by applying and demonstrating the core competencies of leadership, including intrapersonal, interpersonal, team organizational and strategic leadership.
- Our students will be able to identify and evaluate relevant leadership styles and practices.
- Our students will be able to practice the core competencies of professional leadership and followership.
Organizational Intelligence and Analytics
Our students will identify, analyze and solve organizational issues using appropriate analytical techniques.
- Our students will be able to define an organizational issue and gather information relevant to the analysis and development of solutions.
- Our students will be able to analyze and evaluate alternatives using appropriate analytical tools and approaches.
- Our students will be able to propose a solution based on analysis and evaluation.
Our students will communicate effectively and professionally within business situations.
- Our students will be able to determine whether communication artefacts are best tailored to the topic and business situation within which the information is to be conveyed.
- Our students will be able to assess the format, style, and depth of information to determine if business communication, ranging in scope from one-to-one to large group can achieve the business objectives
- Our students will be able to capitalize on current business technologies by matching communication channels with communication objectives.