Center for Experience Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Academic Center North
- Tel: 610-499-1101
Jeffrey C. Lolli, Ed.D, CHE, CHIA
- Program Coordinator
- Tel: 610-499-1109
Scholarship Opportunities, Tourism and Hospitality
Widener students are recognized by world-renowned organizations.
Our students are members of top industry and professional organizations, and in 2018 alone, our hospitality majors received more than $27,000 in external industry scholarships through these organizations.
In addition to the scholarships available through Widener University, students in the Center for Experience Management in Tourism and Hospitality may also receive industry scholarships. Below is a sample of some of those scholarships:
- Host Hotels and Resorts. Interested students can contact the dean’s office (see Contact on left).
- The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation. Interested students can contact the dean’s office (see Contact on left).
- American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation (click Scholarships)
- Club Managers Association of America (click Education, Scholarships)
- NEWH: The Hospitality Industry Network
- Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management
- National Association for Catering and Events
- National Restaurant Association (click NRAEF, Students, Scholarships)
- State and regional trade associations
- For PA residents: Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association (click Education & Training, Scholarships)
- Students are encouraged to apply to their state hotel and restaurant associations by going to the association websites.
- Local trade associations
- Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association (click Scholarships tab)
Many of the industry-supported scholarships become available to students after they become full-time students in higher education and have industry work experience.