Center for Education
- Hyatt Hall
- tel: 610-499-4294
- fax: 610-499-4623
Center for Education
Online, Accelerated Master’s Programs
Widener’s Center for Education offers a number of online master's programs that can be earned in as quickly as one year.
Become Certified to Teach
Widener’s Center for Education offers a number of certification programs to assist you in achieving your career goals.
Education students put what they learn in the classroom into practice through various interactions with students and teachers in the field.
Healthy Me Program
“Healthy Me” is a collaborative program designed to promote healthy living and wellness practices for sixth-grade students from Stetser Elementary School and the community. Sophomore teacher candidates and senior nursing students participate as part of the service-learning requirements for their coursework. Learn more.
Inspired students choose Widener.
Widener is taking a leading role in preparing our students to meet the educational challenges of the future.
Center for Education faculty serve as mentors to students and they possess a wealth of teaching, supervisory, research, and other educational experience. Our curricula are designed to exceed the needs of educational professionals and prepare teachers of tomorrow.
Widener University is also among an elite group of private institutions in Pennsylvania to have earned accreditation for teacher preparation programs through the distinctive National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Widener’s undergraduate and specialized graduate programs at both the initial certification and the advanced levels are accredited by NCATE.
Widener offers the following undergraduate programs in education:
We offer both master’s level and doctoral level programs in education, in addition to post bachelor certifications, some of which can be earned in approximately one year. Graduate certifications are offered at a discount rate.
Master of Education (MEd)
Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Teacher Leadership
- Special Education - Assistive Technology
- Higher Education Leadership and Practice
- Reading Specialist
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Certifications
- Pre-K–12 Instructional Coaching Endorsements
Wondering if the Center for Education at Widener is the right choice for you? We think so. Here's why:
- A reputation for high quality, professional instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Advanced standing work allows undergraduate students to graduate with 15 hours of master’s work completed.
- Dedication to adult, part-time graduate programs that are designed for working professionals.
- Small classes and personal attention.
- Highly regarded and unique EdD programs for professional education.
- One of only seven area colleges to offer the EdD in school administration and one
of only three to offer the EdD in higher education and reading/language arts.