alert Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Group 4 email out facebook fax flickr grid instagram LINK linkedin location Group 47 Group 9 Group 9 Group 47 PHONE play Group 4 " Search twitter video face_white youtube


  • Center for Education

    • Graduate Division
    • Hyatt Hall
    • tel: 610-499-4294
    • fax: 610-499-4623
  • Zora M. Wolfe, EdD

FAQs, K–12 Educational Leadership (MEd)

Find answers to frequently asked questions about the master’s degree in K–12 educational leadership/principalship and the master’s degree in K–12 supervision programs at Widener. 

If you have additional questions, please contact us by phone or e-mail (see Contact information on left) or schedule a visit.

How are courses offered in the educational leadership programs?

The majority of courses are offered in a hybrid format that includes some face-to-face classes and also online work. Many courses are also offered completely online.

Is it possible to earn a certification (principal, supervisor/director, or superintendent) while earning a degree?

Courses in the certification programs are aligned to the degree programs so that a course is applicable to the degree or certification. Many students earn certifications while completing degree requirements. 

How many courses are taken in each semester?

The vast majority of the students in the educational leadership programs are working professionals who take courses on a part-time basis. It is completely the prerogative of the student; however, many students take two courses each in the fall and spring semesters and a few courses over the summer months. 

Are previous graduate credits taken at other institutions able to be transferred to Widener?

Courses taken within the past 7 years from date of admission to a Widener program are considered for transfer. For the master’s programs, students may receive up to 6 transfer credits. Students also receive transfer credits for certification programs.

Are the courses taught by full-time or part-time faculty and what are their qualifications/experiences?

Both full-time and part-time faculty members teach in the programs. All faculty members, both full-time and part-time, have earned doctoral degrees and have extensive administrative/leadership/teaching experience in education.

How long will it take me to earn my degree or certification?

Students earn their degrees or certifications at their own pace. Students are assigned an academic advisor upon admittance to a degree program and work with the advisor to plan for degree or certification completion.