Sexuality and Aging Consortium
Welcome to a new era in sexuality—an era in which sexuality for adults in mid and later life can become richer and more fulfilling.
The Sexuality and Aging Consortium is a leading, international organization dedicated to providing education, counseling, and resources to older adults, their families and caregivers. We offer training, consultation, and policy development services to the professionals who serve older adults. In addition, we conduct research and collaborate with others on training and research grant proposals.
The Sexuality and Aging Consortium at Widener University offers…
- International leadership in the area of sexuality, intimacy and aging.
- Education and counseling for individuals and couples seeking to enhance their relationships and sexual quality of life.
- Programs that help care givers preserve older adults’ dignity and right to sexual expression.
- Keynote speakers and presenters of the highest caliber.
- Consulting on policies and staff training that foster sex-positive long-term and community care environments.
- Research opportunities and partnerships.
- Resources on sexuality and aging.
- Support for professionals and students interested in sexuality and aging.
- Annual conference with continuing education credits.
- Communication tools including a newsletter and a blog sharing articles, reviews, and announcements of events and member accomplishments.