We are dedicated to enhancing the sexual health, knowledge and well being of people in mid and later life by providing quality sexuality education to individuals, couples and to professionals who serve them.
As an educational outreach initiative of the Widener University's Center for Human Sexuality Studies, we are affiliated with a highly respected academic program equally committed to healthy lifespan sexuality and professional practice.
Consortium members are professionals whose work addresses diverse aspects of sexuality. We recognize sexuality to be a life-long issue that affects everything about an individual from self-perceived sex and gender to the management of sexual health and attractions of the heart.
Board of Trustees
- Peggy Brick, MEd, CSE, Founder, Past-President
- Lonnie Barbach, PhD, Author, Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF School of Medicine
- Terry Beresford, Consultant and Trainer in Family Planning, Sex Education, and Organizational Development (retired)
- Carol M. Cassel, PhD, Critical Pathways Consulting
- Carol A. Cobb-Nettleton, DSW, Child Psychologist and Adjunct Associate Professor
- Eli Coleman, PhD, LP, Director of the Program in Human Sexuality, Professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota
- Robin Dessel, LMSW, Director of Memory Services, Riverdale Home for the Aged
- Gayle Doll, PhD, Assistant Professor and Director, Center on Aging, Kansas State University
- Beryl Goldman, PhD, Director for Kendal Outreach, Kendal Corporation
- Peggy Kleinplatz, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottowa
- Patricia Barthalow Koch, PhD, Professor of Biobehavioral Health, Pennsylvania State University
- Peter Lichtenberg, PhD, Director of the Institute of Gerontology, Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, Wayne State University
- William R. Stayton, MDiv, ThD, PhD, Professor/Assistant Director, Center of Excellence for Sexual Health, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Pepper Schwartz, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology, University of Washington, AARP Love and Relationship Ambassador
- Leonore Tiefer, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Beverly Whipple, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emerita, Rutgers University
- Osmo Kontula, Research Professor, The Population Research Institute, Family Federation of Finland
- Kate Murray, Student Liaison to the Board. A May 2014 graduate of Widener University, Kate has dual degrees: a Master of Social Work and a Master of Education in Human Sexuality Studies. Kate has presented sexuality education seminars for older adults and has conducted literature reviews on issues in aging. She interns as a trainee therapist at University of Pennsylvania Counseling and Psychological Services. Her professional interests include sexuality and aging and individual and couples counseling.