Institute for Physical Therapy Education
- Cottee Hall
- tel: 610-499-1277
- fax: 610-499-1231
Jill D. Black, PT, DPT, EdD
- Interim Associate Dean and Program Director
- Cottee Hall, Room 115
- tel: 610-499-1277
Accreditation & Outcomes
The Institute for Physical Therapy Education at Widener University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
We are accredited to offer the doctor of physical therapy (DPT) degree as the entry-level preparation for physical therapy practice. The Institute gained its initial accreditation in 1996, offering a master of science in physical therapy education.
In 2000, the Commission granted approval for the Institute to offer the doctor of physical therapy degree and the first students received their DPT degrees in May of 2003. At that time, Widener was among the first ten programs nationwide to offer the DPT.
Today all programs offer the DPT and it has become the preferred entry-point into physical therapy practice.
In compliance with accreditation requirements, the Institute for Physical Therapy Education makes available the following outcome data regarding our entry-level DPT program. The outcome data for each benchmark is an average of two years of data as calculated by the standards for and reported in the most recent Annual Accreditation Report (AAR) submitted December 2017. The next AAR is due in December 2018.
- Graduation Rate (2016-2017): 97%
- Ultimate National Physical Therapy Exam Pass Rate (2016-2017): 100%
- Employment Rate (2016-2017): 100%
Additional Program Information:
- Acceptance Rate - Percentage offered acceptance from all that applied (2016-2017): 15%
- Matriculation Rate - Percentage who matriculated from all accepted (2016-2017): 64%
- Average prerequisite GPA of accepted students (2016-2017): 3.55
- Average GRE-V percentile of accepted students (2016-2017): 53rd percentile
- Average GRE-Q percentile of accepted students (2016-2017): 50th percentile
The Institute had its last on-site visit in September 2015 and was granted a full 10 year re-accreditation with the next visit scheduled in 2025.