Institute for Physical Therapy Education
- One University Place
- Chester, PA 19013
- tel: 610-499-1277
- fax: 610-499-1231
Robin Dole, PT, DPT, EdD
- Board Certified Pediatric Clinical Specialist
- Professor of Physical Therapy
- Program Director & Associate Dean
- Program Secretary
Accreditation & Outcomes
The Institute for Physical Therapy Education at Widener University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandrai, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
We are accredited to offer the doctor of physical therapy (DPT) degree as the entry-level preparation for physical therapy practice. The Institute gained its initial accreditation in 1996, offering a master of science in physical therapy education.
In 2000, the Commission granted approval for the Institute to offer the doctor of physical therapy degree and the first students received their DPT degrees in May of 2003. At that time, Widener was among the first ten programs nationwide to offer the DPT.
Today very nearly all programs offer the DPT and it has become the preferred entry-point into physical therapy practice.
In compliance with accreditation requirements, the Institute for Physical Therapy Education makes available the following outcome data regarding our entry-level DPT program. The outcome data for each benchmark is an average of three years of data as calculated by the standards for and reported in the most recent Annual Accreditation Report (AAR) submitted December 2015. The next AAR is due in December 2016.
- Graduation Rate (2011-2013): 88%
- Ultimate National Physical Therapy Exam Pass Rate (2011-2013): 95%
- Employment Rate (2012-2014): 98%
Additional Program Information:
- First time National Physical Therapy Exam Pass Rate - Class of 2015: 97.4%
- Acceptance Rate - Percentage offered acceptance from all that applied (2013-2015): 24%
- Matriculation Rate - Percentage who matriculated from all accepted (2013-2015): 29%
- Average pre-requisite GPA of accepted students (2013-2015): 3.6
The Institute had its last on-site visit in September 2015.