Jill Black PT, DPT, EdD
Research interests: Community engagement, scholarship of teaching, pro bono service, service learning,
international clinical education, oncology
- Pechak CM, Black JD. Global Health Competencies for Physiotherapist Education in the United States. Physiotherapy Research International. In press.
- Black JD, Green D, McKenna C, Squadrito J, Taylor S, Palombaro KM. Therapists’ perspectives and interventions in the management of axillary web syndrome: an exploratory study. Rehabilitation Oncology. 2014; 32(4):17-22.
- Palombaro KM, Campbell SL, Black JD. Geriatric screening as an education tool: a case report. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2014;28(2):54-59.
- Pechak CM, Black JD. Proposed guidelines for international clinical education in US-based physical therapist education programs: Results of a focus group and Delphi study. Physical Therapy. 2014; 94:523-533.
- Pierce SR, Palombaro KM, Black JD. Barriers to Bicycle Helmet Use in Young Children in an Urban Elementary School, Health Promotion Practice. 2014;15(3):406-412.
- Pechak CM, Black JD. Exploring international clinical education in US-based programs: identifying common practices and modifying an existing conceptual model of international service-learning Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. 2014; 30(2):94-104.
- Palombaro, K.P., Black, J.D. (2013) LEAP: Effectiveness of exercise for preventing and treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Physical Therapy Journal. In press. Black J.D., Dole, R.L. (2013). The clinical relevance of phenomenology in today's evidence-based world. Physical Therapy Reviews. In press.
- Black, J.D.,Palombaro, K.M., Dole, R.D. (2013). Student experiences in creating and launching a student-led physical therapy pro bono clinic: a qualitative investigation. Physical Therapy Journal, 93(5), 637-648.
- Palombaro, K.M., Lattanzi, J.B. (2012). Calculating the minimal detectable change for a cultural competency tool. HPA PTJ-PAL, 12(2), J1-J7. Lattanzi, J.B., Zimmerman, A., Marshall, L. (2012). Case report of axillary web syndrome. Rehabilitation Oncology, 30(1), 18-21.
- Lattanzi, J.B. Pechak, C.M. (2012). Educating globally-minded physical therapist students: curriculum strategies to equip the next generation. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 26(1), 55-60.
- Palombaro, K.M., Dole, R.D, Lattanzi, J.B. (2011). The creation and launch of a student-led pro bono clinic: An administrative case report. Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy, 91(11), 1627-35.
- Lattanzi, J.B., Campbell, S.C., Dole, R.D.,Palombaro, K.M. (2011). Students mentoring students in a service-learning clinical supervision experience: An educational case report. Physical Therapy, 91(10), 1513-24.
- Lattanzi, J.B.,Pechak, C,M. (2011). A conceptual model for an international service-learning course syllabus that creates a foundation for ethical practice: Its development and application in the health professions. Journal of Allied Health, 40(2), 98-104.
- Palombaro, K.M., Dole, R.D., Lattanzi, J,B. (2011). The development of a community clinic: How a signature project can mobilize commitment to sustainable community engagement. In Ledoux, MW, Wilhite SC, Silver P. (Eds.) Civic Engagement and Service Learning in a Metropolitan University: Multiple Approaches and Perspectives. (pp 93-108). New York: Nova Scotia Publishers.
- Gulick, D.T., Palombaro, K.M., Lattanzi, J.B. (2011). Effect of ischemic pressure using a Backnobber II device on discomfort associated with myofascial trigger points. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, 15(3), 319-25.
- Lattanzi, J.B., Giuliano, S., Meehan, C., Sander, B., Wootten, R., Zimmerman, A. (2010). Recommendations for physical and occupational therapy practice from the perspective of clients undergoing therapy for breast cancer related impairments. Journal of Allied Health, 39, 257-264.
- Thorofare, NJ: Slack, Inc. Wise, C.W., Kepics, J.M., Lattanzi, J.B. (2009). Classification of movement impairment syndromes of the shoulder in individuals treated for breast cancer. Rehabilitation Oncology, 27(1), 14-21.
- Lefebvre, K.M., Lattanzi, J.B. (2007). Health disparities and physical therapy: A literature review and recommendations. HPA Journal,7(1), J1-J10.
- Lattanzi, J.B., Purnell, L.D. (2006). Cultural Competency in Physical Therapy Practice. Philadelphia, Pa.: F.A.Davis.