Widener’s got your back.
College success is all about setting goals, accepting challenges, and meeting—or exceeding—expectations. It’s a lot of work, and Widener University is there to help you along the way. We offer a host of academic support services, including career planning, counseling, disability services, and tutoring in math and writing.
Browse Widener’s academic services.
- Academic Coaching | Academic coaching is provided through one-on-one sessions or group meetings with a
trained academic coach who will assist students in a variety of areas. Academic coaches
also perform many academic success workshops throughout the academic year. Any full-time
undergraduate day student can sign up to meet with an academic coach.
- Office of Student Success and Retention | This office supports the success of undergraduate students through academic monitoring
and outreach to students, faculty, and staff. This office coordinates the Early Assessment
program aimed at identifying high-risk freshmen. Parents and students with concerns
are encouraged to call the Director of Student Success and Retention at 610-499-1193.
- Career Services | The goal of the Office of Career Services is to empower you to become the leader
of your professional destiny, connecting your unique passions with meaningful work.
From helping you write your résumé and prepping you for an interview to coaching you
through a cooperative education (co-op) experience, our advisors are on hand to help.
- Counseling Center | Not every college challenge is academic. Widener’s Counseling Center provides access
to counseling, psychotherapy, education, assessment, and psychiatric services so you
can maximize your college experience.
- Disabilities Services | This office assists students with learning disabilities, physical disabilities,
or psychological disabilities. We work cooperatively with students to ensure that
all students have an equal opportunity to access academic programs and other aspects
of university life.
- Math Center | Struggling with an assignment? Want to ace that exam? Our professional tutors can
help you regardless of the level of math and your level of experience. No appointment
is required. Just come in ready to work.
- Tutoring Services | Widener offers tutoring in almost all freshmen courses, and various upper-level
courses. All tutors are trained to provide assistance to individuals and small groups.
- Writing Center | Get personalized one-on-one help with a research paper, essay, or writing assignment
from one of our faculty members, many of whom teach English courses at Widener. The
Writing Center will assist any undergraduate or graduate Widener University student.
Schedule a visit to learn more about Widener’s academic support services.