- 526 E. 14th Street
- tel: 610-499-4176
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our Commitment to Student Success
Our goal is to help students succeed professionally by identifying and leveraging their strengths and providing opportunities to cultivate professional skills, gain real-life work experience, and build a strong network. Watch video.
The Office of Career Services at Widener University prepares you to embark on a successful and fulfilling career, not just land your first job.
As career advisors, we offer personalized support that sets the pace for best practices in career development. We empower students to connect their passions with meaningful work that supports their career and personal aspirations.
We know how important it is to put your degree to work after graduation. That's why we partner with students from day one through graduation to develop the skills they need for lifelong professional development and job satisfaction.
We're Here to Prepare You
Our team of expert career liaisons stands ready to support you in maximizing your career potential. After all, landing a fulfilling job takes more than just a degree.
We help you:
- Explore career opportunities to find the right career path for you
- Develop professional skills that make you competitive for the workplace
- Gain much-needed work experience through internships and our acclaimed co-op program
- Connect with employers through career fairs, on-campus networking, and PrideCAREERS, our online job site
We Turn Dream Jobs Into Real Jobs
Our success stories prove it.
- An annual survey of 2015 graduates six months after commencement showed that 89% of graduates are employed or are pursuing a full- or part-time graduate or professional program.
- The Wall Street Journal ranked Widener among the top 10 of the more than 100 Philadelphia-area schools and universities based on a host of criteria that included engagement, resources, and career preparation. Widener earned 8.7 out of 10 on a question that asked students whether their Widener education will prepare them for their careers.
- Payscale ranked Widener among the top 20% of universities nationwide on the basis of alumni median salary.
- The U.S. Department of Education's College Scorecard ranks Widener 11th out of all the universities and colleges in the Philadelphia region for median salary of graduates 10 years after enrollment—$18,000 higher than the national average.
- Student Loan Report ranked Widener University fourth in Pennsylvania for the most overall federal work-study financial aid awarded to students. This distinction demonstrates that Widener provides students with work-study opportunities to help them limit their student loan debt while they build skills and gain employment experience.