Widener's Career Services provides a learning environment that contributes to lifelong career and professional development. We seek to establish ourselves as the predominant on-campus resource for comprehensive career development expertise contributing to the ultimate career success of Widener's students, alumni, and employer partners.
We are seeking student assistants to help us fulfill our mission and carry out programming to and interact with students on campus. This is a volunteer, leadership position.
- Speak informally with students in classes, residence halls, UC etc. about Career Services
- Active outreach to students informing them of Career Services and upcoming programs
- Maintain campus bulletin boards advertising Career Services and programming
- Present to residence halls and other targeted groups of students about the services our offices provides, about professional documents, job and internship search, interviewing, etc., as well as on special topics
- Assist the Career Services staff with career programs such as career fairs, open houses, etc.
Training will be held in the beginning of Fall Semester. In addition, in – service training will continue throughout the year during the bi-weekly staff meeting.
Career Assistants will be expected to volunteer 1 hour per week during the academic year (August 2013 – May 2014). These hours can be flexible, i.e. 2 hours one week and 0 hours the next. Occasionally, students will work evening hours to complete outreach or present a workshop.
Applicants should be current freshmen, sophomores or juniors. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required.
How to Apply
Click here to apply via the posting on Pride CAREERS. Submit the cover sheet information, a copy of your resume, and the completed essay requested. Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2013.
Laura Bickert Ciarlello | Career Services
firstname.lastname@example.org | 610-499-4165