Widener students are the talent your organization is looking for!
Through customized options and various engagement opportunities, the Office of Career Services creates a mutually beneficial partnership helping students connect with industry professionals while supporting your recruitment objectives.
There are many reasons Widener students make great employees. See for yourself!
- Widener graduates are in demand. An annual survey of 2016 graduates six months after commencement showed that 90% of graduates are employed or pursuing a full- or part-time graduate or professional program.
- Widener graduates enter the workplace distinctly prepared and based on a Wall Street Journal ranking, Widener earned 8.7 out of 10 on a question that asked students whether their Widener education will prepare them for their careers.
- Widener graduates are critical thinkers. As a liberal arts university with multiple professional schools, we develop learners and leaders by emphasizing the value of a broad knowledge and transferable skills.
- Widener graduates come with experience; our students don't graduate just with theory. Students gain applied knowledge through
internships, co-ops, research, civic engagement, and other high-impact practices and
career preparation and professional skills-building are intentionally integrated into
Recruit on Campus
- Post an employment opportunity or sign up for on campus recruiting events using Handshake, Widener's online recruiting platform for students. Questions? Contact Career Services at 610-499-4176.
- Schedule an information session or on-campus interviews to conveniently target students who may have the qualifications and interest in working for your organization.
- Attend or sponsor a career fair to recruit Widener students for co-ops, internships, or full-time positions.
- Host a recruiting table or display promotional materials (e.g., handouts, posters) in our University Center to capture the attention of a
wide variety of students.
Hire a Co-op Student
Our co-op program creates a pathway for employers to work with highly motivated students who can bring valuable insight to their organizations.
Career Services facilitates the co-op program for students in the:
The Center for Hospitality Management facilitates the co-op program for hospitality management students.
Employers partner with our office throughout the hiring season to identify students who best fit their needs. Widener offers several flexible co-op cycles; here are the two most popular:
- Cycle 1 - August to December
- Cycle 2 - January to August*
*Employers may elect to offer a position for all or part of the 8-month cycle.
Students choose to participate in the co-op program and are typically our best students with an average GPA of 3.3, exemplifying academic and professional dedication. They begin the co-op prepared having completed a series of professional development and skills-based workshops.
The Office of Career Services recognizes that the co-op experience is still a learning experience. Therefore, our staff is available for employers and students for coaching and problem-solving sessions. Employers are required to allow the co-op staff to conduct an on-site or virtual visit with the student and supervisor as well as complete a student evaluation at the end of the co-op term.