- 526 E. 14th Street
- tel: 610-499-4176
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Career Exploration for Students
Career Bootcamp: February 3, 2017
The Career Services team is hosting a career preparation conference including an afternoon of workshops, panels, and networking opportunities as well as a keynote speaker. Visit the events page for more details. Register for the event on PrideCAREERS.
Finding a career that fits you best begins with intentional exploration.
The goal of the Office of Career Services is to empower you to become the leader of your professional destiny, connecting your unique passions with meaningful work.
Personal and Professional Assessments
Your career liaison will work with you to take a deep dive into your personality, abilities, values, and interests. This allows you to gain unique career clarity.
FOCUS2 is a self-paced assessment that is available to Widener students to connect their personal qualities with potential career choices.
Additional assessment tools such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory may also be used based on career liaison determination.
Career Information and Forecasting Tools
We offer a number of online resources to help you research career opportunities and their expected forecasts, such as hiring trends, salary ranges, and top hiring companies.
- What Can I Do With This Major? Explore multitudes of career paths within different majors in addition to employers, professional associations, specialized jobs, and graduate programs.
- O*Net and Occupational Outlook Handbook publish vast data directly from the United States Department of Labor, including
thousands of career descriptions, respective hiring forecasts, salary ranges, and
Career Communities and Networking Opportunities
Personal and professional insight is combined with opportunities to network and explore potential careers first-hand, giving you the ability to try an occupation, industry, or employer on for size.
- The Seekers is a supportive community for students studying in the College of Arts & Sciences to explore careers and professional development.
- Widener Works is a job shadow program that pairs students and alumni and Widener champions in their field of interest.
- Widener's co-op program allows you to work full-time for up to 12 months testing a career path and building competitive experience, and still graduate on time.
- Our on-campus career fairs invite top Philadelphia-area employers to connect with Widener talent to fill full-time and experiential roles.
- PrideCAREERS is your portal to full-time and part-time jobs, internships, co-op opportunities, as well as tools to manage your career development and search.
Stop by our office or call 610-499-4176 to set up an appointment with your career counselor.