- 526 E. 14th Street
- tel: 610-499-4176
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Information for Parents About Career Services
Like you, we are invested in your student's success. That's why we encourage them to visit us early and often. The transition from higher education to the workforce isn't always easy. The good news is we are here every step of the way.
Now's the time to form a partnership with the Office of Career Services by encouraging your student to take advantage of the services, opportunities, and resources that are available.
How Can You Help?
- First and foremost, give your student room to develop their own voice and decision-making skills. College is a time for exploration. It's important they feel supported as they explore their unique passions and values.
- Familiarize yourself with our student services and encourage your student to visit our office. Deciding a career path is an ongoing process and doesn't need to be tackled alone.
- Encourage your student to get involved with campus opportunities by joining a club or sport, volunteering, and attending events. Active campus engagement helps students learn about their skills and interests and provides great leadership experience for their resumes.
- Emphasize the importance of experience and transferable skills. We can advise your student on the skills and experiences they should be seeking to become a strong candidate for his or her field of interest.
- Help your student network by identifying colleagues, friends, and relatives who may
provide insight and expertise related to his or her field of study.
Help Us Provide Opportunities to Students
Keep us in mind when your business hires summer, part-time, or full-time openings. We will help you identify hardworking, capable students or recent graduates. Learn more on the Employer Relations page.