- 526 E. 14th Street
- tel: 610-499-4176
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Professional Development Opportunities for Students
Professional skills give you the edge employers are looking for.
While the classroom will help you learn the competencies necessary to succeed in your field of choice, Career Services can provide an equally important foundation in professional demeanor and skills, such as communications, networking, and interviewing.
The Office of Career Services works closely with faculty and students to integrate professional development opportunities both in and out of the classroom so Widener students graduate completely prepared to enter the workplace.
- Skills-based workshops are held throughout the year on topics such as resume and cover letter writing, internship and job search strategies, interviewing, networking, graduate school preparation, and more.
- Dine for Success provides insight into dining and networking etiquette over a delicious meal.
- Backpack to Briefcase is an annual event that prepares seniors for life after college, from managing finances to negotiating salaries.
See our Events page for more information about upcoming workshops and events.
- Widener's co-op program has opened doors for students with top Philadelphia-area employers for more than 35 years.
- Handshake, Widener's online job site, is the place to find internships, externships, and full-time
You can also visit Career Services CampusCruiser site to find a suite of comprehensive online resources to gain the professional skills you need to succeed.
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interviewing including in-person, phone, and Skype
- LinkedIn profiles and networking
- Professional etiquette