Procedure to Request Accommodation
- Submit documentation of your disability to Disabilities Services. Documentation must be current and must indicate both the nature of the disability and the way in which your disability impacts specific educational activities.
- Only Disabilities Services' counselors will have access to these confidential documents. You will need to submit complete documentation of your disability to Disabilities Services before the request for accommodation can be evaluated.
- Not sure what information is needed to support your request? Download and complete the following guidelines for documentation as needed: AD/HD Guidelines, Learning Disability Guidelines, Physical Disability Guidelines, Psychiatric Disability Guidelines. Or pick up copies in our office at 520 East 14th Street on the Main Campus.
- The Director may recommend that you request alternate or additional accommodations that may be more appropriate based on your history and documentation.
- If you and the Director are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you are encouraged to meet with the Provost to discuss possibilities for resolving your concerns or filing a grievance.
- If accommodations are ongoing, you will need to obtain letters from Disabilities Services at the beginning of each semester for each of your classes in which you will be using accommodations.
- Professors are not required to provide accommodations unless you present, in a timely manner, a letter from Disabilities Services authorizing the requested accommodation.
Please note that accommodation requests may be submitted at any time; however, you are strongly encouraged to submit your request well in advance of the semester(s) for which accommodations are requested, in order to allow sufficient time for the accommodation request form and supporting documentation to be reviewed and evaluated.