Student Success & Retention
This newly created office on Widener University's Main Campus provides support to all undergraduate day school students.
Our office works closely with all undergraduate academic divisions, student services, and the student body to promote academic and social success. Along with the assistance of the Academic Support Services staff, we monitor the academic progress of undergraduate day school students.
As part of this initiative our department oversees the implementation of the Colleague Retention Alert program which provides alerts for all at-risk undergraduate day school students. Our office — with the assistance of faculty and staff — works to address all feedback the office deems as placing the student at-risk of not being retained at Widener University.
These at-risk indicators could be academic, social, or financial.
The Office of Student Success and Retention oversees the following:
- Implementation of the Colleague Retention Alert program on Widener University's Main Campus
- Daily review of all Colleague Retention alerts and the dissemination of alerts to the proper Widener University faculty or staff member
- Monitor the Widener University Early Assessment program at the sixth week of both the fall and spring semesters
- Evaluate programming and outreach methods at the end of each semester through retention rates and reporting of concerns by faculty and staff in the Colleague Retention Alert system
- On-going training of both faculty and staff in the use and utilization of the Colleague Retention Alert system.