College of Arts & Science
- Military Sciences
- Hanna Hall
- tel: 610-499-4098
- fax: 610-490-7028
Mr. Keith Karbel
- Recruiting Operations Officer
- Hanna Hall
- tel: 610-490-7035
Scholarships, Army ROTC
Army ROTC scholarships pay up to full tuition and fees, $1,200 per year for books, and a monthly stipend. Widener University also provides a generous room and board incentive to scholarship winners.
Four, three, and two-year scholarships are available to qualified students and are awarded solely on the basis of merit and demonstrated excellence. No test of financial need is applied.
General Application Requirements
- Strong academic credentials
- A broad background in co-curricular and community support activities
- A GPA of 2.5 (minimum) (3.6 National Average)
- A SAT of 1000 (CR+M) or ACT composite of 19 (minimums) (1250/28 National Average)
Applicants must also pass a Department of Defense Medical Examination (DoDMERB) and meet the standards of the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) within their first semester at college.
- High school students: February 4th of senior year
- College students: Semester prior to receiving benefits
- Military personnel (Green to Gold): November 26th (April 1st for Hip Pocket)
For more information on scholarships or to obtain an application contact Recruiting Operations Officer Keith Karbel at 610-499-7035 or email him at email@example.com. Applicants can also visit the Army ROTC scholarship website.