alert Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Rectangle 9 Group 4 email out facebook fax flickr grid instagram LINK linkedin location Group 47 Group 9 Group 9 Group 47 PHONE play Group 4 " Search twitter video face_white youtube

Financial Aid, Extended Learning

The tuition and fees for the Center for Continuing Studies is established each spring by the Board of Trustees.

The tuition charges for part-time adult students are significantly lower than full-time traditional students at Widener University. It is the responsibility of each adult student to work with the bursar’s office to pay their bills. 

The University is not required to refund tuition and fee payments to students who fail to officially cancel their registration, or withdraw in the required time period.

The following types of financial aid resources may be available to you, depending on your circumstances:


Borrowed money that you must repay with interest.

  • Federal Direct Loans
  • Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
  • Federal Perkins Loan
  • Alternative Loans

Except for the Direct Federal Parent Plus loan, loan options for adult undergraduates are otherwise similar to those for full-time undergraduate students.


Aid that you do not have to repay, usually need-based.

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • State Grants


Aid that you do not have to repay; usually merit-based. See Scholarship Opportunities for the Center for Continuing Studies.

Work Study & Other Student Employment

  • Federal Work Study
  • Institutional Employment